New Meanings

     With volleyball coming to an end I needed to come up with stuff to do in my free time. I have never lived a life without volleyball for as long as I can remember so finding a new definition is hard. I have began to be more involved in other sports. I have always loved going to other sporting events but have never really had the chance here. With no more practice I have had to chance to support my other friends at their games. Recently I have gone to the men's soccer games and am planning on going to the football, basketball and soccer this weekend.  I am very excited and love watching success of fellow athletes. With all of my best friends being fellow athletes being able to support them in their last games has been so heartwarming. I have been blessed with friends that have supported me at almost every game in my four years here so being able to go and support them finally has made me so happy. With soccer hosting the NCAA tournament this weekend I am pumped to see some of my best friends on one of the biggest stages and cant wait to be there for it. I know first hand how much fun it is to play in those games but also know how much pressure is put on you and how fast all the fun can be taken away. I hope to see a lot of students supporting each other at all of these games!

Comments

  1. Hi Sydney, I can relate to what you are saying. Our season is wrapping up on Saturday and I am constantly getting asked how I am going to spend my spare time. I haven't quite figured that out yet. But, I will be happy to have a week to relax then I'll be looking for my next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminds me of myself earlier in the year when I found that life without basketball meant having so much free time. I love the ability to fill in this free time by supporting friends who have games and then hanging with them after. That is something that makes Ohio Northern so unique.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women in Sport

Real Life

Sim