Real Life

     I am loving the simulation that we have been assigned, It has been my favorite part of Intro to Social Media thus far. I enjoy being able to put all of the knowledge I have gained in my four years into place and instantaneously being able to see the impact. The post results that you get after running the simulation are so informational and help you form your next posts to be successful. We get to create our own social media posts and post during a specific time on specific platforms. This is what I am planning to go into in the professional world therefore all of this practice is very beneficial. I love the VP assigning us tasks and explaining our goals. My other favorite part is being able to test what I have learned in this class with my communications with the customers. The messaging back and forth and answering their questions in so fun for me because in every job the social aspect is always my favorite part. That is why I picked marketing as a major I am someone who needs to be in the thick of it not someone who is able to sit at a desk all day and have their eyes glued on a computer. I believe this simulation has taught me many things that you could never learn in a classroom. The real life experience is great and definitely shows that I am doing what I love and am going down the right path. 




Comments

  1. I find the simulation interesting as well. I often complete the rounds in the evening when I feel like I cannot focus on any other more intense assignments. I try to take my mind off of it as homework and make it more like a mindless video game. I think of it as if I was playing one of those old games off of the Cool Math Games website I used in elementary school. That helps me ignore how fashion is not exactly my area of expertise when making choices. If only we were able to receive the money that we get in the simulation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simulation is one of the best tools to understand whether your social media strategy is up to par or not. It also is a great example that it takes work to get back good results, similar to how social media works for businesses in the real world. That is great that through the simulation you feel reaffirmed that you are heading down the right path!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree very much with this. The simulation has been an experience I never thought I needed. Getting to apply my knowledge to real-world situations has been super helpful in refining my writing and usage of it. I'm glad to see this simulation is helping you actualize your career goals with some practice. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women in Sport

Sim