Heartbreaking

 Last night was like a movie... and not the good kind. We lost in the first game of the Ohio Athletic Conference tournament.  This means the end of my volleyball career. I have defined myself by volleyball for 16 years of my life and with it all coming to a abrupt stop I am left feeling empty. The last point is engrained in my memory, the ball hit the floor and it did not feel real. I broke down while walking to the locker room and we just sat there in silence until coach came in and talked about having a great season. I sat still not a feeling happening until she sat there staring at me with tears in her eyes. This was going to be a room full of emotion any minute. Then it all hit, people starting coming up and hugging me crying hysterically. Today the feeling is no different, I never realized how much volleyball meant to me until it was gone. All the parents of players came over while I walked out to hug me and congratulate me on a great career, and other sport athletes were coming over and hugging me. This just caused more and more tears. Seeing my friends really hit because I am going to have to go through this again and again for all of my friends last games. Hopefully they will not have as much heartbreak as I do.

Comments

  1. I am sorry about last night. It sucked to see your season end like that. It made me very sad to see so many of you crying. I wish you nothing but the best in the next season of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you had to experience that. I have heard of how successful our volleyball team has been this year. Even though all of your teammates must be beyond upset I feel like this could make your bond stronger. You should celebrate the wins you have had and know that the ONU student body has a respect for your performance and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry to hear about the end of the season. Volleyball has always been one of my favorite sports, and watching your team play over the past couple of years have been great. Take the time to celebrate the memories and the friends made, as I've found that they'll outlast any record.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women in Sport

Real Life

Sim