Addiction

     Tik tok is an app that is really prevalent in my life. I am very interested in apps that take my mind off school. School is my biggest anxiety therefore when I have an escape from it I get very happy. For me tik tok is mindless scrolling the only issue I have with it is stopping. It is definitely addictive and I struggle with the addiction. I will lay down and say I will only be on it for a could minutes and then an hour goes by. I cant sleep without scrolling and I need to take study breaks to scroll and calm myself down. When is it a problem, is my relationship with tik tok harmful to me or is it truly just mindless and an great distraction. I really enjoy it because if I didn't scroll I would be stressed out all the time just thinking about school. I used to play games when I got stressed and I would time manage those better but I find tik tok is truly mindless for me. It does cause my brain to wander and not worry which is what I am looking for. I just need to work on being mindful off how much time I actually spend on it scrolling. It is ruining my sleep schedule and taking time away from homework but it is my senior year so I can afford a little down time thankfully. I think if I was this dependent on it freshman year that would be a problem.

Comments

  1. I strongly agree with the app’s addiction. I don’t have TikTok on my phone but recently similar content can be seen on Instagram as well. So when I open Instagram and start watching video content, I cannot stop it for at least 30 minutes. I often feel guilty when I watch them for a long time, but at the same time, I could release my study stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a lot of people who feel the same way about tiktok. Its a stress reliever but it can get addicting and time consuming. Time seems to fly by when you're mindlessly scrolling and it can become a really bad habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, really interesting to hear about your struggles with TikTok addiction, as they're a big reason I didn't download the app for a while. Even now, I still find myself scrolling along mindlessly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with TikTok being addicting. I no longer have TikTok. I used it when I was transitioning from high school until my second year at ONU. The only reason I left was because someone doxed me for liking dogs more than cats which definitely raised security concerns for me. I am glad I am no longer on TikTok but I respect those who find a way to control the amount of time they spend on the platform.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women in Sport

Real Life

Sim