Relaxing

     I am someone who really enjoys people and has a large social battery. Though this is very true most days sometimes I need a day away from people. I got that this weekend, and it was a very relaxing and resetting day. I layed around and watched movies and read books, this caused me to grow my happiness tremendously. I recently started reading and I find it so surprising how much reading relaxes me and helps me leave my school and life stresses behind. I also enjoy movies on these days to just sit there mindless. I am someone who gets into everything I do and watching movies has been hard due to me really getting into the plot but I have been trying to find movies that are relaxing instead of heart racing. 

    Relaxation is something that I am going to have to find time for in the real world. I am someone who struggles with bringing work home and that is not good for me or for anyone around me. Therefore, I need to make me calming down and letting my stresses go a priority. Find escapes in music and podcasts is something I need to work on, due to them being more accessible on the road and in busy areas. I am aware this is something many people struggle with and after reaching out to outside sources and they have said that this is always an issue and doesn't go away but it is something you always need to recognize and try to help to better your quality of life instead of the all day stresses. 

Comments

  1. That sounds like really good information for college students! When I feel stressed, I just take a nap to forget that, but I realized that reading books or watching movies for relaxation are also good thanks to your blog. Sometimes I need time to be away from people when I get struggling with something because I tend to compare myself with others. So after reading your blog, I thought that relaxing from stress makes room in my mind for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney I understand what you are saying completely. I also consider myself social and love talking to people. This summer I went to my girlfriends hometown and I have never been so overwhelmed in my life. I met so many people in such a short amount of time. My social battery was completely drained. I needed the entire week to recover and practice remembering everyones name so I'd be prepared for next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women in Sport

Real Life

Sim