Game Day!

     Today is game day... home game, big student section, all the noise. These are the best days. I live for game days, these are the best days of the year. In our program we preach "Defend King Horn", don't let someone come into our house and push us around. I came to Ohio Northern University because I love the school spirit here. #Bearssupportingbears is the best. 

    Since our winning streak in the Ohio Athletic Conference came to an end this past weekend against John Carroll we are looking for a win today. With many of our players sick or not feeling well this will be a fight. Tonight we are playing Wilmington, who is usually the last place team in our conference, but this year it is different. Tonight will be a mental challenge for us, play through the pain and not playing down to their level. Ohio Northern Volleyball has a legacy that we look to keep and to do that you must play through anything and play as if every game is the national championship. With this year being my senior year every game is emotional, every win and every loss causes me to reflect on my last four years here and reminds me how grateful I am to be a Polar Bear. With only 5 guaranteed games left I am trying not to take any moment for granted because I know and have learned how quickly it can be taken away. This year is our year, and live every moment as if it was your last!

Comments

  1. Mentality is half the battle and it seems like you and the others have that down. I hope you guys can stay healthy and finish out the season well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t go to sports events but this made me excited. This post seemed more like you were giving the team direct motivation. I have a roommate who is in an ONU sport and I have heard similar things from her about teammates feeling sick. They are struggling against teams that usually are worse than them. I plan on going to the homecoming football game so I hope I can experience the crazy atmosphere there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women in Sport

Real Life

Sim