Fresh Air

     This weekend I was able to go home for the first time in a while. This was the breath of fresh air I needed. I am so thankful to be able to have this blessing in my life because I know that so many people go to school to escape their home life. As an athlete and a dedicated student my free time is slim to none. Therefore, having a time when I am able to go home and just relax and breath is so therapeutic for me. This weekend I needed to just calm myself down. With capstone being a high stressor in my life along with a long distance relationship and a sport my anxiety is in full swing most days. 

    When I was home I got to do some of my favorite things which include eating as Leo's Coney Island which is my favorite chin restaurant that Ohio is lacking. I also was able to spend a full day with my boyfriend and see his new house along with his new city. My favorite part of the weekend was going home to meet my new 8 week old puppy nephew Ryder. He is adorable and puts a smile on my face right away. He is still so tiny he fits in one hand and I am dreading the day that he gets big!  Knowing that I will go home in just two weeks for fall break allows me to keep my calm about my outside factors. I love Ada with my whole heart and love all my friends and life here but some days I need to go back to my roots to separate life.




Comments

  1. Sounds like that trip was a necessity. I recently went home simply to visit my doggy. Her name is Roxanne. Although Ryder is very cute, he is a close second to Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! It is important to have time to spend relaxing time not in the dorm but in your own house. Also, I could relax thanks to your puppy pic, and he is so adorable! I'm happy to hear you could spend a special weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always good to take time to go back home every once in awhile... especially when you have a new dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealous that you got to go home and will be going home for fall break. My family is pretty busy and lives hours away. I have three dogs and it is always fun to get home and see how much they have grown physically and mentally. I am glad your home is a calming place for you to go when stress is catching up. New positive experiences are nice once and a while.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women in Sport

Real Life

Sim