Nice to Meet you!


     Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sydney Casey, and I am a college senior at Ohio Northern University, meaning I graduate this spring, I know scary right. Along with this big change I am not an adult I can't cook, budget time, or even keep a plant alive. This blog is going to be all about me "figuring out Adulting." It's a scary world out there and I need to figure out how to conquer it in just 10 months, so come along with me and watch me figuring out how to finally grow up. :(

    A little about me is I am 21 years old from the small town of White Lake, Michigan. A camo and boots ride your four wheelers and snowmobiles to the store kind of town. So naturally moving to the three-stoplight town of Ada, Ohio was not a huge change from my normal, other than corn... I may have grown up in the country, but country gained a whole new definition once I came here. The glistening green from corn fields as far as the eye can see, the tractors being used as cars and oh the cowboy hats. Any guy here if you see him wearing jeans, he is wearing boots and if you see boots you better bet that there is a cowboy hat and a flannel right there with them.  

    Now you may be asking how I found a school that you would miss if you held your blink a little too long. Well, I found ONU when I was 16 years old, and the volleyball coach reached out to me and asked if I would be interested in coming on a visit. In my short 21 years this was the best decision of my life. I made a second family. The volleyball program at ONU is unmatched in every way possible. From the success of the program to the amazing people in it. I have truly made my lifelong friends. I now live in a house with four other current or alumni players on the volleyball team and this house makes my heart full every day. It is always full of laughter and love from friends who don't want this chapter to end.

Well, that's me... come along and watch me grow up when all I want to do is stay right here.  






Comments

  1. Hi Sydney! It is so nice to meet you. I also come from a small town, so I relate to being late to school because you got stuck behind a tractor. Regardless of the stage of life you are in, it is always nerve-wracking thing about the next chapter. However, you have spent the past four years in college gaining independence and learning how to be an adult. Take this last year as an opportunity to embrace the change and be willing to accept challenges as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Your decision to choose as your college is the greatest thing I guess. I haven't spent a lot of time here but I'm proud of meself to choose ONU as my study abroad as well. In my home country, I'm a junior but I cannot find what I am actually so I admire your trying to find how to be an adult. I hope you enjoy the rest of time at ONU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sydney, when you figure out how to budget time or cook can you let me know. I cannot do either of those. I love the way you described Ada. I come from a small hometown as well. Only difference is that I am used to all the corn. I think the last line of the 2nd paragraph is spot on in describing a group of people here in ada. I hope you enjoy your senior year and I look forward to following your blog. I hope you don't miss Ada too much after you graduate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women in Sport

Real Life

Sim